Q: I have so many book ideas. How do I choose among them?
A: To limit the number of possibilities, ask yourself the following questions. Your answers will help you make a more informed decision.
- When did this particular idea first enter your life?
- Where were you personally and professionally at the time?
- What promise, challenge or appeal did it have?
- Given how you’ve changed in recent months or years, does the idea reflect the new, improved and true you?
- Does it complement the other parts of your life?
- Do you have the time, money and resources to tackle it?
- Finally, and most important: Does it make you happy? Does it make your heart say, “yes, yes, yes”? Any idea that doesn’t, gets crossed off your list.
More on this topic: Spring cleaning: clearing out your idea closet.
Have a question? Drop me a line.